Spermatophytes (seed plants): Angiosperms (flowering plants): Eudicots: Core Eudicots: Asterids: Campanulids: Dipsacales
Dig deeper at SERNEC, a consortium of southeastern herbaria.
Read more about Northern Bush-honeysuckle at Vascular Plants of North Carolina.
To see larger pictures, click or hover over the thumbnails.
Native to North Carolina & Georgia
Documented growing wild in GA NC -
Uncommon in NC, rare in GA
Look for it on rock outcrops & ridges at high elevations, per Weakley's Flora
5 exserted stamens
TO LEARN MORE about this plant, look it up in a good book!
- Gardening with the Native Plants of Tennessee p243
- Native Alternatives to Invasive Plants p061
- Native Shrubs and Woody Vines of the Southeast p124
- Newcomb's Wildflower Guide p304
- Wildflowers of Tennessee p266
- Wildflowers of Tennessee, the Ohio Valley, and the Southern Appalachians p309
- Woody Plants of the Blue Ridge p16
- Woody Plants of the Southeastern US: A Winter Guide p130